In Gamefroot, managing student accounts is easy. Everything you need is in the groups page, which is available from the Gamefroot level editor.
Classrooms and groups in Gamefroot look like this:
Classroom functionality provides an easy to use online environment for students and teachers. Students can work through Aotearoa themed resources, create games, write interactive stories and build animations online in a secure environment.
Teachers can easily manage student work, create accounts and administer active lesson plans.
Teachers are able to attach specific courses, review individual and group progress and plan individual support opportunities for learners in the online and real world spaces.
Here’s how you do it!
1. You need to login to Gamefroot (https://make.gamefroot.com)
2. Open a game or start a new game to get into the level editor.
3. Click on Clubs in the menu bar
4. Then click “Create Group”, and fill in your new group’s details
Now you have a group classroom setup, let’s look at adding students.
Adding students to your group
There are two ways to do this: You can either send an invite link to students who already have a Gamefroot account, or you can manually add students which will create new accounts for them.
Sharing the group invite link:
1. Open your group from My Groups
2. Click on Members
3. Click the Invite button
4. Copy the invite link, then paste it to share it via email, social media, etc. Anyone who browses to your invite link will be invited into your group.
Adding users manually:
1. As above, open your group and go to the Members page, and click Invite
2. Then click Create New Account
3. Create a user name to be assigned to this new member, and copy down their password from the field below. Then click Create Account.
If your students forget their passwords, or you need to remove a user from your group, you can do this (and more) from the Settings page in your group.