Kia ora! We’re mighty pleased to announce another major Gamefroot update. We’ve spent the best part of three months making Gamefroot super better for your game-making pleasure.
Gamefroot is faster, more robust, and sporting an improved user interface. We’ve even managed to squeeze in a handful of new features.
Here is a blow by blow account of our work:
- Game remixing and opening tutorial templates is a gazillion times faster (many thanks to our friend Tim S!)
- User Group functionality is back under a new Clubs link available in the level editor. This is an EDU only feature.
- You can finally remove games from your saved games list.
- Right click removal of assets in the side bar has been added.
- Rolling over an asset in the sidebar will display its file name and pixel dimensions (a much sought after feature from our friends at WGTN Girls college).
- The ability to export and import game files has been included. This lets you download and save your game data to your computer.
Now we’re wondering what to do next, and thought you might like to have a say. Here’s what we’re thinking:
- Adding a text tool
- Adding a particle effect script block
- Develop a better onboarding process
There you have it. Try it out and please let us know what you think and what you want to see next in the comments.